Tim Ferriss and Ramit Sethi on Success, Marketing, and Productivity
Posted on December 7th, 2012
- If you feel that you don’t have enough time, it means that you don’t have priorities. Clearly define your priorities. What are the 2-3 highest leverage priorities that you can do now?
- Do an 80/20 analysis. Schedule it regularly. Every two weeks.
- Rituals - you have to preserve your decision making.
- Rebalance yourself and your life biweekly.
- The most important thing that you need to do is usually the one that you have been putting off the longest.
On Success In Life
- Success = Achievement + appreciation
- Building skills and wealth is completely different from protecting skills and wealth.
- When modeling the Masters, copy how they got there not what they are doing now. Example Richard Branson’s book – Losing My Virginity.
- Examine your rate of progress.
- Good question to ask successful people: “When you doubt yourself, what is your self-talk?”
- Expect adversity as a growth opportunity. Buddhist approach.
- Putting off the uncomfortable conversation makes it worse.
- Focus on creating evergreen content that is useful not only today but in many years to come.
- Focus on the timeless principles rather than tactics.
- Read Amazon.com customer comments to get a good insight about ideas and products.
Living A Rich Life
- For Tim Ferriss, living a rich life means having long dinners (1-2) weekly with 2 or 3 close friends.
- Schedule your fun weekend by Tuesday every week. If its not on your calendar, it’s not real.
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C Hopkins
- Secrets of Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson
- Losing My Virginity: How I Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way by Richard Branson
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack by Warren E. Buffett and Charles T. Munger
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard P. Feynman
- 1000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
- It’s Not About You: The Truth About Social Media Marketing by Tim o’reilly
Questions or comments? Send me an email